Medium and Heavy Trucks

Connect one-on-one with a verified technician who will answer your question

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson

More related answers
All technicians are VERIFIED
It is a 95 Peterbilt with a 3406e. The Jake brake is not
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
It is a 95 Peterbilt with a 3406e. The Jake brake is not working on low stage. We have ruled out switch. Wondering if there was a relay that worked the Jake … read more
Looking to get info on some caterpillar codes. Thanks\ We
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
looking to get info on some caterpillar codes JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows … read more
1989 Peterbilt with the 3406 mechanical when you put the
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
1989 Peterbilt with the 3406 b mechanical when you put the Jake break on at idle it's should stall the truck it doesn't do you think I need to adjust the Jake break… read more
Ona 1989 peterbilt tractor 3406 mechanical engine jake brake
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Ona 1989 peterbilt tractor 3406 b mechanical engine jake brake at idle dont turn truck off u think it needs an adjustment… read more
I need help connecting engine brakes speedometer tachometer
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson, Auto Mechanics 1&2/diesel mech
I need help connecting engine brakes speedometer tachometer and air conditioning on a 92 freightliner with a cat 3406c engine … read more
2007 international 4300, 466e, running on 4 cylinders,
Wayne, Journeyman
2007 international 4300, 466e, running on 4 cylinders, 6,3,2,1 has had new valve cover gasket installed. Just bought the truck, has 120,000 kms, previous owner said it was a nightmare Besides not runn… read more
3406 Caterpillar Serial Number 2WS14951 I need valve and
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
3406 Caterpillar Serial Number 2WS14951 I need valve and injector settings to run the overhead. I need the Torque for Jake Brakes and Injector Hold Down Bolt.… read more
I am in need specs and overhead clearances cat engine I'm
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Hello again I am in need for tourqe specs and overhead clearances for a cat engine I'm having a hard time finding serial #it is an 3406 a model it's in a 86 international truck… read more
I'm trying to figure out how to adjust Jake brake on a 89
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
I'm trying to figure out how to adjust Jake brake on a 89 model peterbilt with a 3406 b cat engine. Jake works , just doesn't slow the truck down any… read more
Just bought a Mack dump truck at a auction (can't test
Expert, technician
Just bought a Mack dump truck at a auction (can't test drive). Anyway when the clutch is released and the truck starts to move it will begin to surge and you have to give extra fuel. same thing when c… read more
I have a 1991 freightliner with a 3406 peec the jake wont work
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
I have a 1991 freightliner with a 3406 peec the jake wont work . The cruse works . the cruse will turn off if you push the clutch or turn no jake switch.my scanner shows no codes. it shows 1.2%on tps … read more
Im looking to purchase a 2000 or 2001 GMC dump truck with
Wayne, Journeyman
I'm looking to purchase a 2000 or 2001 GMC dump truck with a caterpillar model 3126 230 horsepower engine in it what are some of the downfalls with this motor if any the truck has 36,000 original mile… read more
We have a 1987 Pete caterpillar 400 that hauls an end dump,
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
We have a 1987 Pete caterpillar 400 that hauls an end dump, can a catalytic converter be installed to the truck so that it can continue working, or is it the Law in California that the truck is too ol… read more
Im working on 1992 peterbuilt 379 with 3406 cat engine vin#
Toby
Toby, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I'm working on 1992 peterbuilt 379 with 3406 cat engine vin# XXXXX I need a wiring diagram for head lights and tail lights . do not have tail lights and when you turn on the cab lights the right low b… read more
I have 194 autocarr dump truck with 3406 caterpillar engine
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
I have 194 autocarr dump truck with 3406 b caterpillar engine . Last week it started getting hot with load. After stop go to idle cooled right down to 160. It will idle for hours and not get hot. Heat… read more
COULD YOU TELL ME THE TOURQUE SPECS FOR ROCKER ARM ASSEM. AND
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
COULD YOU TELL ME THE TOURQUE SPECS FOR ROCKER ARM ASSEM. AND JAKEBOXES ON A 3406 E MODEL CATERPILLAR?… read more
Hello I connected my scanner to my truck and it gave me the
Jim
Jim, Diesel tech.
Hello I connected my scanner to my truck and it gave me the error code 128_121_4 the scanner also showed on the screen (pid retarder status voltage below normal or shoted low)… read more
My 1999 freightliner century, series 60 detroit will wth no warning or
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
My 1999 freightliner century, series 60 detroit will wth no warning or codes rev up and ignore the jake brake. This will happen for a few minutes and then the truck runs just fine and the jake works. … read more