Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have an n14 that I believe to be vapor locked. It started…

Customer Question
I have an n14 that...
I have an n14 that I believe to be vapor locked. It started after jumping it with a little either then shut off within 15 seconds. Now it won't turn over. The starter tries but the motor won't turn
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
2/13/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Dan. My name is***** will be glad to help. You are going to want to wait a little bit for some of that ether to dissipate. Hopefully nothing is broken or bent from too much ether. Try barring the engine over using a barring tool or a ratchet and socket on the center nut of the ACC drive pulley.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

You do not want to force anything or something could break if it has not already

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Once you have been able to turn the engine over by hand tools then you know nothing is binding the engine such as a rod, piston, push rod, etc. that has failed. Remove the valve cover and check for loose rocker arms and bent push rods while barring the engine. Let me know

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi, did you get this resolved?