Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Looking to use my recently purchased fl70 digger derrick as

Customer Question
boom truck mostly to set...
looking to use my recently purchased fl70 digger derrick as boom truck mostly to set air hammer on top of installed pilings for new homes on barrier island of north carolina , my problem is using all stages boomed out and digger is in the way . short of taking auger bit all the way off every job what else can be done to keep it stowed in place . considered replacing auger with long pipe bolted to drive motor shaft ( to resemble digger in stowed rack ) long enough to stay in rack during boom out , therefore not having to deal with digger in way . in taking bit off lately cannot set booms down on cab rack without auger drive hitting cab . can auger drive motor be pinned in stow position without bit on board so it does not rotate down ? hoping not to remove auger drive unit completely but may have to resort ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 day by:
2/8/2016
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has replied here with info on what you can do or what can be done for this here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help with this info may not be online.You might check with a repair facility that works on this model here or sells the components installed on your model to see if they show or know of any options for this here.If this is not an option here or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Automotive Mechanic