Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 1998 Volvo ved7c engine will the fuel pressure

Customer Question
sensor cause the engine to...
I have a 1998 Volvo ved7c engine will the fuel pressure sensor cause the engine to derate the power if the computer cannot read the pressure I will pay u if you would call me and talk over the phone about this my number is ***-***-****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
is this just a one time charge
is any body there????
2/5/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Scott, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is your check engine light on? If so what do you have for fault codes? If the engine is derated by the ECM there will be a code identifying the problem circuit. LEt me know

mid/128 pid/94 fmi/4 fuel supply pressure voltage below normal or shorted to lower voltage---- mid/128 pid/174 fmi/3 fuel temperature voltage above normal or shorted to higher voltage------mid/128 pid/174 fmi/4 voltage below normal or shorted to lower voltage------- mid/128 pid/232 sid/4 5volt supply voltage below normal or shorted to lower voltage--- I have checked the resistance of all the wires they are 0.00 omhs.they are not shorted to a ground or a power or each other I do have a 5 volt reference.and I have changed the sensors but didn't help.and no check engine light is on. and the fuel pressure is 000.and if i switch the key off and back on the fuel pressure reading is72.5 and stays there. i do have 40 psi on my manual guage and I have 15 psi turbo boost. if you would like to call me my number is ***-***-****
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I'm going to save you the money at this time for the phone call. There is an upcharge if you still want it.

1 flag I see where I highly suggest either checking the harness plug at the or having the ECM tested. The 232 code you have is a short or low voltage from the ECM. Check the alternator output, battery output, test the batteries and charging system. If they all test good, check the plug going to the ECM to make sure there are not issues and you have a good 12 volt power supply going to it. If you do, then the ECM needs to be tested. Thee EEPROM chips are not getting their power that they need and that is why you have that code. They have to get a good 12 volt in to give a solid 5 volt out. That 5 volt ref out is very important for nearly all the senors on this engine. There is a good chance that the EEPROM chip is bad.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy