Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

No 4wdhow to reset the oil service warning light in the dash

Customer Question

hino 4wd(###) ###-####how to reset the oil service warning light in the dash without a computer
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** is the full model number truck so I can see if i can pull up this information for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan i sent the info but here it is again. Aug/2012 Hino 500 4WD, GT8J GT1J SER2 C/CA Vin#JHDGT8JHMXXX10050

Hi Colin, I looked in every Hino book I have but could not find it.... It should be in the Operators manual which I do not have. Let me opt out in case another expert can help.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

These are the only methods I know of with the Hino here in the US.

Press pedal 5 times with the key on.

Press pedal 8 times with the key on.

Turn the key on then back off to back on 5 times.

Press the pedal 5 times then press brake 3 times.

Reset on the dash by going to the oil needs replace section and holding the button down until the screen goes back to green.

Using a oil rest tool in the HINO DX program.

I don't know of any other way to reset the light. With your vehicle in Australia, it could be different, but this is how it is done in the US.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy