cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

I have a 2004 cummins isx 450 it is pushing coolant out of

Customer Question

hi i have a 2004 cummins isx 450 it is pushing coolant out of reservoir tank, pressurizing the system and the coolant is foaming like someone dump soap in it. I did a combustion gas test with a kit I bought at napa and it showed no combustion gas. the truck doesn't overheat, no white smoke, it doesn't run rough and there is no contamination in any of the related fluids and I had to run it for quite a distance like this and it hasn't hydro locked on me yet. please help i dont want to tear it down to look for bad head gasket if i don't have to
thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

Your air compressor could be the cause due to you performed the combustion gas test. If the test was done properly the only other component on the engine that will pressurize the coolant is the air compressor

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

These engines are known for dropped liners that will cause this issue. It would of shown on the combustion gas test if done properly

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

Hi just following up.