Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I'm ***** *****, I have a 1994 Fuso fh 100 that has been…

Customer Question
Hi I'm ***** *****...

Hi I'm ***** *****, I have a 1994 Fuso fh 100 that has been overheating. I flushed tthe radiator but I still have the problem. I am suspecting the oil cooler fan. How can I test if the fan is working?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The engine overheats when at highway speeds after about 5 miles.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/29/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi, It is Dan. I will try to help. Possible causes of your overheating are thermostat, water pump, restrictions of flow in the cooling system of both air or coolant, Fan hub or slipping belts. Have you replaced the thermostat?

I haven't replaced the thermostat yet. The truck doesn't get much use anymore and sits on the farm sometimes for months at a time. I am wondering if there is a way to "hotwire" the at cooling fan to see if it is working of it there is some other way to see if the fan is working?
Where is the thermostat located? I will try to check it out.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

What is the complete engine model number from the ID tag on the valve cover or side of the block.... T stat is at/ behind the engine block top radiator hose connection