Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Have 1997 gmc 7500 series with 366 gas motor needs two speed…

Customer Question
have 1997 gmc 7500 series...
have 1997 gmc 7500 series with 366 gas motor needs two speed rear very underpowered for forestry truck any suggestion
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/27/2016
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

yes you can install a 2 speed rear end, not much work at all

just change the rear end, the axles, and get the 2 speed harness

to mount to the gear shift,

use to be a H 170, single and T 170 for 2 speed

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

Technician: venus-cssm,
 replied 2 years ago
venus-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.