Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Truck will not move whenever you put the truck into gear it…

Customer Question
Truck will not move whenever...
Truck will not move whenever you put the truck into gear it will not do nothing I noticed the high low switch is not doing anything either( it's not working or does not seem to be working)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/27/2016
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

What are we working on, make and model

hi/low trans or rear end

let me know please

2003 fld120 with meritor trans...hi/lo trans

Hi

Thank you for that

can you hear the air switching when you shift it

let me know ,please

no...

Thank you for that

then the regulator on the trans where air

lines hook up and split off are faulty

replace that regulator , but make sure you are getting

air to it

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

I don't believe it is air operated...there are hi lo range solenoids

Than you for that

I am not familiar with that electric, I will opt-out and send to another expert

and back to the question board

sorry I could not help

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Adam. My name is***** will try to help. What is the transmission model number from the transmission ID tag on the side of the case?

M015610CM15046

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the info Adam. Click on this link and let me know if you can pull any codes on the transmission.

Fault codes.

no codes

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the info... Check for voltage to the transmission ECU ( TCM) and the harness for any damaged wiring and corrosion. Inspect your grounds. If ok check the filter and drain oil for metal/debris indicating an internal mechanical problem. Test the continuity of the switches and the harness. Let me know the results