Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

,
,

Customer Question
Hello...

Hello

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Carrier reefer doesnt turn on, display/control panel doesnt turn on when I flip the switch to turn on. Battery is good, I tried jumping it from my truck to reefer and does nothing.
1/26/2016
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Which carrier unit do you have? Did you check the fuse on the back of the main display unit to see if the fuse has blown? The fuses are in that side panel behind the display unit.

Verify that the fuse didn't blow. If it is good, there is a micro processor failure and that will need to be serviced at a Carrier shop.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

carrier ultima series x. Is the fuse behind the display? Do I have to open it to where all the fuses are?
What color fuse could it be and does it have a name or number on it?

Yes, you will have to open the side and the fuses are behind it.

You only have 5 fuses. The rest are relays. Check all 5. If any one is blown, it will not let the board power up. You should be able to see if they are blown by looking at them.

CLICK HERE and follow the top diagram for your unit.

I will have to check the fuses while the switch is in the on position right?

There is another expert that works on these more than I. I'm going to opt out and have him take over. He can guide you better.

Ne sure to rate gim amd not me at the end. Ok?

Thanks.

Ok.
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Thank you for requesting me

I see this is a straight truck, nose mount

yes as Jeremy suggested you start with checking all the fuse

use a test light on each end of the fuse , with switch on

No this is a semi refrigerated trailer, carrier unit. doesnt turn on when I flip the switch, display doesnt come on, nothing.

Hi

Thank you for that

Yes I seen you put altma , I thought I read Suppra

yes , check all fuse the in the roadside panel

did it just happen all of a sudden, bump in the road

let me know,

PS be sure to check fuses with a test light, both sides of fuse

I was actually stopped when it happened and all of a sudden it shut off and I couldn't get it to start and the display doesn't come on. I'll check the fuses, does the switch have to be in the off or on position?

Hi

Thank you for that

You are sure you battery has 13.2 volts , correct

yes check the fuses with key on

Wayne, Journeyman