Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Cummins isx 128 064 2 fuel problem need help

Customer Question
cummins isx 128 064 2 fuel problem need help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/25/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Clifford, that fault is for engine speed sensor.

The engine speed sensor and camshaft position sensor provide an engine speed and position signal to the engine control module (ECM) through the engine harness

Possible causes for this fault code include:

• Loose, missing, or corroded grounds
  • Damaged tone wheel teeth
  • Loose crankshaft tone wheel
  • Static timing mis set
  • Front gear train slippage
  • Misoriented engine speed or camshaft position sensor
  • Electrical noise.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, that is different truck sorry. I have a post going with the DR cummins guy and cannot get a response, I need help with fault code 482 esn 79374760
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Thanks for the update. I believe he is likely at work and limited on his availability throughout the day since he still is employed by a Cummins Dealer. Click on this link for the troubleshooting chart.

Troubleshooting

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

94 or 482 is fuel pressure.... 64 is a speed sensor fault... I posted the info for 482. LEt me know if you need more help

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, I do need more help I need to know the fuel injector leak test kit for the cummins isx. Thanks
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Click on this link.

Leak test/troubleshooting

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

The test tool number is(###) ###-####..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You sent me to you tube to help me. I really need the cummins procedure, for this troubleshooting. I am not happy with this response,I use this site to get some info that is not available thought the internet.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

No problem... My time was voluntary.... Experts only get paid on accepted answers and positive feedback... I gave you the test kit part number and the video explained the procedure.... I understand you wish to have the Quickserve or service book printed version.... cummins Dr or possible another expert could likely help you further with that.... experts are not employees of the site if you were not aware.... Credentials are verified and experts log in as they are able and most have businesses and full time jobs in their field of work so the availability can vary. I will opt out. Save your rating for the expert who helps you.

Technician: Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician replied 1 year ago
Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience: International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter

Hi there ! My name is Andy ! Here is the description for that fault !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3na2296vex5gax/482%201.pdf?dl=0

And here is the troubleshooting steps :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/09zjurbk4g1h3is/482%202.pdf?dl=0

Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end ! Thank you .

Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician