Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2007 379 peterbilt with a gh lift gate and I'm

Customer Question
Hello I have a 2007 379...
Hello
I have a 2007 379 peterbilt with a high lift gate and I'm having problem with the gate not lifting all the way up.
Can you tell me what might be the problem?
I would really appreciate it.
Thx
Jesse
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2016
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

is lift gate on a straight truck

what model is it, Maxon, Tuck a way

let me know

It's a 379 peterbilt 2007 with a high lift gate, gate is not going all the way up, just half way up.
It's not one of those gates on a pick up truck.

Thank you for that

the above gates I mentioned they use on Trucks and trailers

any way did you check the fluid level, with the piston (ram)

all the way in

does it jerk when going up then stop

The cylinder is controlled by air

Thank you for that

I am not aware of air cylinders,

I will opt out,and post back to board for another expert

Sorry I could not help you

That's OK, than you
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

There are two different types of air rams (cylinders) out there. is this full air or is this one air over hydraulic? As in are the cylinders hydraulic with a air system that operates or 100% air only?

If possible, there is a lift gate tag. Can I get the info off that tag like manufacturer, model, and serial number?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Sorry I'm away from the truck right now, I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Where might I find this tag?

It is usually mounted on the lift gate frame. They like to have it visible so passers by can see it and order one, like free advertising. Other spot is on the side of the lift gate or at the cylinder box. Depends on the setup and who made it/installed it.

Take your time. No rush for it.