Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Wayne, hope you are still there, with the 1992 international…

Customer Question
Hi Wayne, hope you are...
Hi Wayne, hope you are still there, this is Larry with the 1992 international 4600. I just put a new starter in with the 2 new batteries and it still just barely turns over.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/23/2016
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Thank you for requesting me

does this have a Auto trans or manual

also you did clean all frame grounds correct

Hello Wayne, it has a manual, a 5 speed spicer I think it is. Yes I cleaned all contacks. One thing I did not mention before is that the transmission is out of this truck being repared, would that make a difference in the motor turning over?

Thank you for that

No not unless on of the ground cables are missing

can you turn it over easy by hand

I can turn it over by hand, I would not say it is easy though, but I pulled the injectors before like you told me before and put fuel in the cylinders let it sit 2 hours and then cranked it over and it turned over pretty good, not as fast as I thought it would, but at least I know that the motor is not froze.

Thank you for that

Ok, go that it is turning over

I would say it still has rust in the cylinders

keep up with injectors out ,and adding fuel into cylinders

trying to get freed up more

if that is not working , you will need to pull the head and hone the liners

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

OK, thank you for that, I will do that, it will take the rest of the day, so I will sine off, so do I have to pay the $46 again since this is a follow up question?

Hi

You should have stayed on old question

yes this is follow up, so don't click the rating

Thank you, ***** ***** fairley sure it was the starter like you said so now I am out $300, thank you for your help.

Hi

Being a 1992, did not hurt to replace it

You are right, thank you.

Keep in touch