Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

Truck will not transfer from rt side to left, pump works

Customer Question

Customer: truck will not transfer from rt side to left , pump works fine , put toggle switch to make sure pump was pumping . traced wiring from tank sensors to body module ***** ***** still stays on full , if you disconnect the body module from inside the cab it goes to empty if disconnected from sensors or hood side of module ***** ***** stays on full.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: international 8600
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there . My name is Andy . Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5J 009286
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5j009286
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

OK thanks for the info . It sounds like one of your fuel level sensors is defective or intermittently acting up

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Check the resistance of the fuel senders using an ohmeter. They should be anywhere between 29-37 ohms when tank is full to 234-246 ohms when empty . So anything between those readings is ok as long as it follows how much fuel is in tank . Anything outside of that range would indicate a defective sender and would need to be replaced . This is almost always the issue with these transferring systems as the senders wear out and do not give the proper reading anymore . Let me knnow if you need further instruction . Thanks

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help ?