Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

BILL MY ODOMETER IN MY 1996 FREIGHTERLINER IS NOT WORKING

Customer Question

Customer: BILL MY ODOMETER IN MY 1996 FREIGHTERLINER IS NOT WORKING PROPER SOME IT STAY 20 MPH SOME TIME ON 45 MPH NEVER ON THE RIGHT SPEED
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: THE MILEAGE IS NOT WORKING
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bill, My name is***** will be glad to help. What model Chassis is your truck? Most common things to check are the speed sensor on the tail of the transmission and harness. Also for a loose yoke that could cause the tone ring to spin on the transmission output shaft giving wrong readings to the sensor., a faulty gauge, etc. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper