Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a 2005 diesel Isuzu with a 5.2 diesel engine in it it

Customer Question
has a no start I...
I have a 2005 diesel Isuzu with a 5.2 diesel engine in it it has a no start I got fuel to my pickup pump you spray a little either in it and it still will not try to turn over when you first try to turn the motor over the hot battery it wants to try to turn over but it won't you let off the ignition hit it again and it will turn over fine
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/15/2016
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

I hope this helped you

I would like you to know I don't pay this $18 once today went all day long and did not hear from nobody made him refund my money back so I hope this time we go a lot better around and I really hope you going to give me an answer because I sure did not see no reply there before I had phone call

Hi

so your are saying it turns over no start, then it will not turn over

sir it will turn over fine just wont start but sometimes when you first tried to initially turn it over you have to hit the ignition twice as a starter act like its not getting enough voltage but it is because the second time you hit the ignition with it it will turn over fine

Thank you for that

the starting issue sounds to be dirty terminals at starter

I suggest to remove and clean

as for no start , loosen the injector lines at injectors, and see if your

getting fuel to them , not bubbles,, but fuel

PS I have to leave for airport now to pick up Passenger

will be back in a hour

Ok wine why is it that when I can spread little either in the turbo intake there it won't even try to start I break my injectors loose up there and I don't have no fuel coming out of my injector pump but even when I use either it doesn't even try to start
You know this is been going on all day long and now I get a technician I can talk two to three times of just a few minutes and then he's gone and can't answer my questions no more and now I have to wait until whenever he gets back to get answers on my questions
Are you back yet
You asked me if I cracked my injector lines Louise yes I did I'm not getting fuel up to my pump on getting fuel to my lift pump but its not making it up to my injector pump but when you try to use a little easier just to see if its a fuel problem it doesn't even try to start
You tell me I can't use the phone to contact you with you you say that you're online and I've been waiting and waiting for replying and seen anything are you back yet

Hi Sorry for the Delay

Heavy Traffic at O'Hare A/P , plus construction

OK, if you are not getting any fuel out of the pump

then there is a solenoid on the top of the Inj pump

make sure you have power to that, if not check all fuses

Why did you see where I posted it I have cracked lines on the injector pump and not getting fuel up to it yes there's power to the little cylinoid there Wi-Fi if that's the problem then and you should fire over on either shipment

Hi

You said you are NOT getting fuel out of pump

that is why I suggest to check the small solenoid

But if it was just the injector pump down when it try to fire when I sprayed either in it

HI

1)How many miles on this engine

2)when was last tune up

3)did this happen all of a sudden

Please answer each one

Ok answer first question over 200,000 miles do not know about the last to know when's the last tune up I do not know when the last tune up was done the last question the truck this suddenly quit at the stoplight I run the codes on it had a cam sensor code I put a new cam sensor in it I got rpm signal now it will not start do not have fuel to the pump are used either still wouldn't try to start

Thank you for that

sounds as you have 2 issues,

1st Crankshaft sensor, this is more the issue here

I suggest you replace that

2nd , get the valves adjusted

Ok on the lift pump you have a electric solenoid on the outside of the pump and on the inside against the block there's another solenoid in there is that a sensor in there also remember when I told you the city of shattered and almost died in this before. The oil light come on when I change the oil in this truck and barely had two gallons of oil in it would that shut the fuel pick up pump up to the injector pump off for some reason or another
It only had one gallon of oil in it not two

Hi

Yes low oil will shut it down,

you stated you have fuel to transfer pump, but not coming out

is this correct

also I do not know what ::: I told you the city of shattered

He was sitting at a stoplight and the engine shattered the oil light come on it died he restarted it it ran for about 5 seconds. Would not restart when I got there I checked it it had a cam sensor code in it but a new cam sensor in it had rpm signal then and nofuel to the injector pump I pump fuel from the fuel filter to the pickup pump but its not going from the pickup pump up to the injector pump but one of my questions I would like to know about if I use either shouldn't hit try to start and it did not

Hi

OK, More pieces to this puzzle,

the engine shuttered, then died, that was a failing sensor, OR, shut down on low oil

if no fuel after the transfer pump, Replace

this can be a multi function failure

so you need to start at ground Zero,

get them terminals cleaned at starter

replace the Crankshaft sensor

last if no response the replace the transfer pump

no it will not start if crankshaft sensor is bad

reply to me , when you get thru all these repairs

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

Ok Wayne I'm going to run some tests in the morning to do some check on a couple of things here but they can't crank sensor doesn't not make too much sense to me on it. Crank signal bathroom I scan tool that gives the injector pulse is I believe to the injector pump if I'm not right or wrong there will you be here Saturday please pick up pumps on these Isuzu Motors are little bit different than the general one is there more mechanic and electronic there I sure hope ur making a ride call on that part there I will get with you if you work Saturday okay let me know if you going to be there Saturday

Hi

I have a wedding Saturday, that is why went to A/P O'Hare

I wll be out from 1 to pm , then 4 to rest of night

Hi

Do you want the phone call, now

I'm going to the truck early in the morning and I want to run a couple of tests on silinoids to double check something before I call if we have like from 9 to 12 tomorrow that would be okay with me if it's OK with you I know you have plans

Hi

Yes that is fine

Thank you you have a good night

your welcome

Cylinoid outside the pump has 12 volts to it when we try to turn the motor over it acts like its ether locked but no one used ether

Morning

you mentioned that it would not start with ether

so sounds now tat you have it ether locked

can you bar the engine over by hand

It like just a little out of time .once it get pass that it turn over fine be for I make call on pickpump I want make sure it in time

Thank you for that

it would not go out of time, unless something broke inside engine

if you have power to the pump, and no fuel coming out,

replace it

I hope this helped you

Ok I 'm going with pickup pump I hop we are Wright I will let you know?

do you still want me to call you

Wayne, Journeyman