spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I have a 9200 ser 430/470 6o series its start but once fuel

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 9200 ser 430/470 6o series its start but once fuel filter is drain it cut off wont suck from the tanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it been sitting for four years it wont start on it own with out using starting fluid once start run fine but it only run on the fuel that in the fuel filter once that gone it wont draw from the tanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Most likely you have a leak on suction side of fuel system, this can be a hose, fitting, or more likely fuel/water separator.

fuel/water separators can crack over time it's a common issue.

I would bypass truck fuel system by running engine fuel system out of a clean bucket of fuel (5 gallon works well) take fuel line off fuel pump on back of air compressor (big line) run a hose from that fitting into bucket of fuel, prime system and get running.

If runs then bypass one item at a time before that point back to tanks to find what is leaking.

Any issues let me know I'm happy to assist.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you'd like to discuss this further...just click the reply button or use the reply box below to let me know.
If this has been helpful, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my personal service to you.

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Thank You,
spanky