Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 06 dt 466 installed 6x injectors last week new

Customer Question

Customer: hello dan I have a 06 dt 466 installed 6x injectors last week new O-rings &seals ran great now it has developed a fuel problem where it runs filter housing 1/2 empty then stumbles &shuts down in about 5 min at idle
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: changed fuel p/u pump ipr all fuel line rubbers swaped fuel filter housing test fuel lines from tank to housing still shuts down after 5 min idle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: no problem thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dan. Thanks for the request. Check the fuel suction lines and filters for leaks or restrictions and the fuel tank vent for a plugged vent causing a vacuum in the tank. Try running a separate hose from tank to pump to rule out or confirm a suction line problem. If the problem resolves it is an issue in the suction lines. If it still exists, check the pressure regulator and fuel check valve for problems. Let me know

Hi, Did you get this resolved?