Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

T2000 Kenworth, When the truck is on and being loaded the

Customer Question

Customer: t2000 Kenworth, When the truck is on and being loaded the dash lights up every time the forklift drives in. I think it might be a trailer grounding issue. It does not happen when the 7 way is out of the trailer. I was wondering what the fix would be.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Driver reported sprks when plugging the 7 way into some intermodal chassis.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Medium and Heavy Trucks Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check inside the pigtail ends for wires toughing causing a backfeed of power and also look for damages or shorted wiring in the trailer. This is likely the cause if it is only doing it with the trailer plugged in. Let me know

sorry I meant touching

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a new power cable problem still there. I will have to tear up the plug on the cab and check it out.

Check the wiring on the trailer side and your grounds and too the lights possibly causing a backfeed. Is there another trailer you can hook onto to check if the problem still exists?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We hooked it up to a bunch of trailers. Same thing.

Thanks for the update Jake. that tells us it is in the tractor wiring. Check for any shorted wiring in the tractor plug and harness and check your grounds. Clean and tighten all grounds. Also look for any rubbed through wiring creating a short to ground as well.