Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My low air pressure warning signal will not cut off even

Customer Question

My low air pressure warning signal will not cut off even though I have plenty of air pressure in my Kenworth T2000
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Victor, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Do you have both primary and secondary gauges reading equally full of pressure as there was a recall. Here is the info.

PACCAR Kenworth Truck Recall: Possible Emergency Brake Problem
PACCAR is recalling 1,043 MY 2008-2009 Kenworth C500, T2000, T660, T800 and W900 trucks equipped with Bendix MV-3 dash control valves. The molded valve body has an incorrect core pin in the injection mold causing the valve body to be oversized in the double check valve area. This condition can allow the rubber double check valve to become lodged in the body opening under certain circumstances. If the double check valve becomes lodged, in the event of a primary reservoir failure, air pressure can leak past the lodged double check valve thereby depleting the secondary reservoir, causing reduced ability for modulating the service emergency brakes. In such an event, the operator should observe an air leak, indications of low air pressure via the primary and secondary air gauges, and audible and visual low air pressure warning alarms. A vehicle crash is possible if these warnings are not heeded. Dealers will replace the Bendix MV-3 dash control valves. The manufacturer has not yet provided an owner notification schedule.

If ok you could have a faulty low air module itself or a problem in the harness. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have equal air pressure on both primary and secondary. I have tried to move truck successfully. None of the brakes lock in when attempting to move but sensor will not shut up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My low pressure light is on in the secondary but it shows plenty of pressure. Weird!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Kenworth T2000 is an 07

Thanks for the info. Try bypassing the main line from the air drier with a union and see if the problem still exists. Also if the air system checks out ok then the problem can be electrical in the module giving a false warning. What are the temps where you are? Freezing temperatures? Is there a possibility of a restriction from Ice in the system etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the sensor have a fuse that I can pull?

I will have to see if I can pull some info for the T2000. I will see what I have

Check your tanks for any signs of water or moisture indicating a faulty air dryer. Also check the low air switch for sticking. You can use a jumper wire for test purposes by connecting and disconnecting the wires from the switch to see if you can command the buzzer on and then off.

Hi Victor, Did you get this resolved?