Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My name is ***** *****
, I have a 2000 Mack CH613 with

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2000 Mack CH613 with E7 engine and had #4 eiu was faulty replaced with new one. updated code in the ecm and now #1 and 2 missing have check and the fuel just poor out when line cracked loose and all other pulse when running, swapped out unit pump with #3 and #2 still missing on #1 and #2 stayed the same any thought?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Medium and Heavy Trucks Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  diesel-tech replied 1 year ago.

You replaced the lift pumps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replaced #4 that was the original issue but then swapped #2 & 3 to see if the new problem of not firing on 1 and 2 would follow or move and it did stay the same

How do the lobes on the cam shaft look

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cam looks good. Is there a possibility the ecm has lost the ability to fire those 2 cylinders?

It is possible did you put a test light On the wires going to the lift pumps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they all pulse the same.

Then it's not the ecm.the actual injectors Are in the head and could be plugged or no good

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Swapped known good one and #2 still them same issue.

Are you getting the right voltage to the lift pumps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure couldn't get a good reading while running but getting the same on all of them the best we can tell.

Check the lines that pass through the head

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing on that is the fuel just flows through the unit pump on the 2 dead cylinders and pulses out all 4 others. We will check them and verify.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Swapped fuel tube from 2 and 3 still the same

And this problem just started after you changed one of the pumps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
then when calling code was updated

If you remove wires from the pumps do they still send fuel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just a steady stream out the 2 and the others have a steady stream as well if you unhook or cut them out with computer. The 2 are just like the other are when they are unhooked but all the time

So it sounds like an electrical issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but is it ecm issue? Think a reflash would fix it or junk ecm????

Pull the cam and have it tested..do you have a sister truck you could swap ecm with

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sister truck but going to tow truck to mack and they are going to flash software maybe in couple days they can't get us in till around the 6th or so of January. The cam has the same amount of lift with a dial indicator on all cylinders. Not sure what other way they test them. Pretty sure though it has to electrical due to the way it ran before coding the unit pump and after.

Thats the only thing it could be the rest of the system is mechanical..good luck and let me know how it works out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do thanks for the help.

Any time