Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have an 2002 international 7500 with HT530 engine needed new

Customer Question
head gasket i had the...
Have an 2002 international 7500 with HT530 engine needed new head gasket i had the head rebuilt and now it blows oil out of the blow by tube but didn't do it before rebuilt head any ideas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/24/2015
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Merry Christmas

I have rebuilt engines for 34+ years

the only thing that will cause that is wrong head gasket

or not seated proper, or liner too high

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

Ok so last year the head gasket was seaping so i removed head and toom to my engine builder and he completely remaned the head new valves and seals and rockers the whole works. Checked for trueness and fine he came out and inspected liners and fine i then reinstalled head and hooked everything up since then I have had lots of oil dripping out of blow by tube for the last year truck runs and performs properly
Ice been told that some engines have a screen in the blow by tube and that mine may have fell out or something when it was put together.

Thank you for that

most engines have a screen in the breather tube

in the valve cover or the block, if it fell out , that would not cause oil

to come out over board breather

are you getting any puffing from dip stick tube , at idle

I hope this helped you

I get a steady steam the come out of the dip stick tube but it is consistant not puffing. Its the same stream that comes out of the blow by tube but it not its excsive like needing a inframe it just leaks a drip of oil out of the tube every 20-30 seconds doesnt when cold, only once it get warm it seems, the blow by tube is valve cover mounted

Hi

Thank you for that

Sorry for delay, getting ready for Family Party , helping MaMa, or in the Dog House

That is hands down Head Gasket , no if's and's or Buts

Sorry you did not want to hear this

I hope this helped you

Merry Christmas

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

Not Poor/Bad service

how would the head gasket cause it to put oil out if the blow by tube mounted in the top of the valve cover

Hi

Sorry again , this is Christmas eve,

Family over

head gasket will cause crankcase pressure

That is what you have

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

Not Poor/Bad service

Morning

I am just following up with you

did my answer help you

Please let me know

Just in process of removing checking head bolt tq and then gonna do a compression test

OK,

Thank you

Wayne, Journeyman