Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Cat Man, I have a 2001 Cat 3406 SN 9SZ07558 and it does not

Customer Question

Good day Cat Man,
I have a 2001 Cat 3406 SN 9SZ07558 and it does not have a hand primer pump and I can not seem to get the air out of the system. What are my options.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

Without a a hand primer. All you can do is disconnect the return fuel line that runs from the rear of the head to the filter housing. Then crank the engine. With this line off. You will not have to fight the fuel pressure regulator in the filter housing. It will push out the fuel and air. Once the air is out. Reconnect the line and continue cranking. The only other option is to use starting fluid.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.