Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Every morning i have to start and shut off truck 5 to 6

Customer Question

Every morning i have to start and shut off truck 5 to 6 times..
It will show CH ...then go to SM...i turn it off oull key out...a minute and start again. I do tjis cycle 5 to 6 times over an hour or so then it will show FF ..and go in N.
Then all will go well all day....and then next morning same thing.
I rev the engine to 12 / 15 rpm and qait each time for 5..6 minutes.
When it goes on SM i can shift but gear stays on 3..will not shift nor can i shift manually.
Its a 2005 Volvo VNL 780 with Meritor freedomline automatic. 12 speed..no clutch. The air is built all the way to 120 normally first time.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the transmission complete model from the ID tag on the transmission so I can get you the correct information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How doni find the id tag
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do i find the id tag
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan...are you there..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, It's Dan, We can post back and forth as needed. I was called out on the road by the time you replied but your transmission tag should be on the side of the case towards the rear of the transmission.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to crawl under truck..?
Can you by any chance tell me anything that could be a possible fix
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to take truck to a shop to get under it..am not actually working on it...am driving it

Thanks for the info. Click on this link for the information and explanation of your display indicators and your fault code list. I would need the full list of codes you are getting and the tag information to give you more detailed troubleshooting steps. Let me know

Troubleshooting