Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Jeremy Greg Little here I've got another question on the

Customer Question
Hey Jeremy Greg Little here...
Hey Jeremy Greg Little here I've got another question for you on the same kind of n14 cummins select plus engine just a different truck . It will started up fine and run for a minute or so and start missing like the jac brake is on and here are the codes
that it's giving me engine fan clutch output electrical fault active E 12 I, engine oil pressure vavle too low inactive E228I, engine oil temp vavle too high inactive E2I, engine pos ACC. Pedal pos%electrical fault inactive E1I, engine coolant level data error
inactive E1I, engine power supply electrical fault inactive E6I, engine controller #1 component failure inactive E1I, engine position mech or electrical fault inactive E2I
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/7/2015
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check over the engine wiring harness and see if any of the wiring is found damaged in any way needing repaired.I find in allot of cases where damaged wiring will occur and cause this type of fault here needing repaired or replaced.Damaged wiring can cause several codes to set like this here.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** for requesting me.

I normally get on around 0830 eastern on Mondays and didn;t see your response (Edited by Moderator)

I see you have the famous Cam sensor ACC position code. Check the pins between 1 and 15 or 11 and 14 and the cam sensor. See of the ohms is hig. If so, replace the hanress. If not, then replace the cam sensor. That code is famous on these engines and cause more headaches than anything else on these engines.

The fan clutch electrical fault won;t cause the engine to do what it did. Usually when I see that, the solenoid is acting up or the A/C binary sensor. Not sure what model of truck, but those are the 2 points I would check.

With the rest being inactive, except the engine position, I would ignore those and reset the ECM for they could be some old codes that were never cleared out. Then see if the engine power, engine controller, and/or the electrical fault codes come back. If they do, then check the main harness power going to the ECM and then pull the ECM for testing. Those codes are ECM controller codes and they are internal on the ECM. So when you see them, that isn't good at all and they will be intermittent problems as the ECM gets hot from the driving of the injectors and the fuel.

Let me know what the harness tests turn up as well as the cam position sensor.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician