Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Got 04 ford f650 with a C7 starts and runs 10 mins then dies

Customer Question

got 04 ford f650 with a C7 starts and runs for about 10 mins then dies have to wait for about 5mins to restart truck has set for about 3 yrs put fresh fuel in @new fuel filters
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

Do either the red or yellow engine lights come on just before it shuts down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information. Since the lights come on. I would like to try and pull the flash codes by using the cruise control switches. If you have never done this. Here is how.

Use the following procedure to retrieve the flash codes from the check engine light:
Turn the ignition key switch to the On position/ Engine OFF.
Turn the cruise control ON/OFF switch to the OFF position.
Move the SET/RESUME switch to either position. Hold that position until the yellow lamp begins to flash.
The yellow lamp will flash in order to indicate a two digit flash code and the SET/RESUME switch may be released. The sequence of flashes represents the system diagnostic message. Count the first sequence of flashes in order to determine the first digit of the flash code. After a two second pause, the second sequence of flashes will identify the second digit of the flash code.
Any additional flash codes will follow after a pause. These codes will be displayed in the same manner. Flash Code 55 indicates that No Detected Faults have occurred since the ignition key switch has been turned to the ON position.

Let me know what two digit code you get and I can tell you what the problem is.