Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

My Thermoking SB 190 Keeps blowing the Main Power 40 amp

Customer Question
fuse & will not start...
My Thermoking SB 190 Keeps blowing the Main Power 40 amp fuse & will not start. Thank You James
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/2/2015
Technician: tkman55, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
tkman55
tkman55, Mechanic

the 40 amp fuse is to the pull in circuit on the fuel solenoid it means the solenoid hi amp circuit it pulling to many amps and most likely the solenoid is not pulling in

the solenoid is on the back of the injection pump with a three wire harness connected to a connector by the starter disconnect and put a new fuse and see if it still blows

if not you are going to need a new solenoid

do you know if this has a Tier II engine injection pump with injector lines coming out of the back or with the lines coming off the top of the pump

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, or
taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
for negative and no ratings I just get nothing.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow ups
for same question are always free.

Thanks

is your refer loaded?

the information I gave you is for a SR2 system if you have an UPVI monitor then you could also have a bad hi speed solenoid disconnect the outer wire on the solenoid to test that circuit

Did you find the problem?

tkman55
tkman55
tkman55, Mechanic