spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I am trying to install a Thermoking V500 unit to a no Ranger

Customer Question

Hi. I am trying to install a Thermoking V500 unit to a Hino Ranger 6 (engine JO8C), Instead of installing a second compressor to unit the Thermoking fride, can I use the a/c compressor currently installed on the Truck. I don't need airconditioning in the truck as it is a standby vehicle only.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Sorry to say but you will need new or rebuilt compressor, truck compressor will not work, it does not put out same pressures and volume TK needs, will burn out quickly,will never keep up with demand.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Please let me know if you'd like to discuss this further...just click the reply button or use the reply box below to let me know.
If this has been helpful, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my personal service to you.

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Thank You,
spanky

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

You may want to check some big truck scrap yards like Hibar in Wisconsin, they get wrecked trucks all the time.

I'm sure pricing for brackets and a used compressor will get you going for now and then if needed later you would have a core for rebuilt compressor.

Good luck

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up to see if we resolved the issue, what it was ,or if you need more info.
I would appreciate a reply so I know you are happy with my assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time from the web site.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
Thanks
spanky