Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have 2005 isx cummins engine in semi truck had no change

Customer Question
exaust sencor great power turbo...
I have 2005 isx cummins engine in semi truck had no change exaust sencor great power turbo cycle as should on idle now I don't have power and cold black smoke pours out exaust when ecelerate
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/23/2015
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is***** will assist you.

Did you have any codes? What exhaust sensor did you change out?

What is your engine serial number?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Exhaust gas sensor next to thermostat engine seriel no. Is I think79098053

Have you tried the MAP sensor that is in your intake tube between the filter and the charge air cooler? It is what can casue the turbo to not power up properly giving black smoke.

Same as the boost sensot on the intake manifold, driver side. It will do it as well.

A bad EGR on that engine will do the same thing and cause exactly the symptoms you have.

Without you specifying a engine code, it can be a number of things. The question is waht sensor is reading the fault and creating the issue...

Did you have any codes or there are none showing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No codes

You will have to connect up Cummins Insite and see what inactive codes are stored in the ECM as well as monitor all your sensors to see what exactly the truck is doing.

There are too many variables going on with so little information that has been provided to me.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician