Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

International Prostar with Cummins isx engine. It was

Customer Question

International Prostar with Cummins isx engine. It was working fine just now I turned it off to get weighed and then engine/jake brake stopped working. Turn truck off few times it still doesn't work. Please help asap
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Taran, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. If you have a manual transmission check the clutch switch and harness. If ok check the dash switch connector and harness as well and fuses. The next step is to have cummins Insite plugged in for further troubleshooting to check the ECM parameters and switch status. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now it started working it turns on. And it works. Left truck off for few minutes. There was module 42 fault though

Can you get the complete fault code numbers? There should be a longer series of numbers for the full code. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's no more there. But it was for module 42.

Thanks for the update and sorry for the delay. I had a family emergency I had to tend to . Module 42 indicates an ABS system fault and is unrelated to the engine. You will need to pull the ABS fault codes t determine the source of the codes. The most common issues are with the ABS sensors and harness. Let me know

Let me know what you get for ABS fault codes and I can help decipher them for you.