Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Volvo Gearbox ECU FAULT CODE MID130 PID60 FM15 Shift Finger

Customer Question
Rail Position, Electrical fault. Urgently...
Volvo Gearbox ECU FAULT CODE MID130 PID60 FM15 Shift Finger Rail Position, Electrical fault. Urgently Require information to repair and make mobile 2003 FH12 as it will not select gear. Have changed the K5 Relay and it selected gear and moved. Once it
was switched off it has now done it again and changing the relay is not making a difference now. Please assist regards Walter
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
GEARTRONIC Transmission problem
11/6/2015
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you haven't yet check the wiring leading to and from the relay to see if any wiring issues are found needing repaired at all.I have seen shorted,corroded and damaged wiring cause this type of fault here before with the wiring needing repaired to correct this type of fault here.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Sorry for the delay i have had to attend another site. All wiring has been checked and seems to be fine. I have hooked the truck up to the Volvo diagnostic software i just purchased. I am new to it however i ran a solenoid test on it and heard the shift noise and it new what gear i was selecting. What actually is this shift finger rail and where would i find the gearbox ecu?
Regards,
Walter

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Automotive Mechanic