Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 1990 Isuzu FVR 900. The brakes fail completely (

Customer Question

I have a 1990 Isuzu FVR 900. The brakes fail completely ( front & rear) intermittantly usually when travelling slowly with slight pressure on brake pedal Have replaced foot valve but made no difference Thanks Col.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Col, my name is***** for air leaks in the air system and brake valves. Also what are the current temps where you are when this is happening? I would drain the tanks to check for water and make sure the compressor is cutting in and out as it should and building air. If not you could have a faulty governor.... Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan,The temps are about 20-25c Have drained air tanks,both guages show full air pressure,air assisted clutch is fine,releasing brake pedal and reapplying after failure brakes work fine Nobody I know can come up with an answer

Hi Col, Thanks for the update. Check the air lines for restrictions and leaks, Check the check valve at the tanks for carbon build up or sludge in the air system. If ok then if the foot valve is new I would have to say you have a release valve faulty. I would replace the release valve above the axle and check your lines for restrictions and leaks. You can usually take the top off the release valve and check for sludge, etc and scoring. Let me know