Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a 2006 Freightliner M2 and I am gettting the

Customer Question
following codes Fault1...
I have a 2006 Freightliner M2 and I am gettting the following codes Fault1 6H164 Sid017 fail02 Fault2 No EGN Sid254 Fail07 Fault3 ABS136 Sid023 Fail05 what does this mean. the engine will spin over but will not start
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/4/2015
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Click here for the first fault info. Bulkhead faults

I will post info on the others shortly

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

For the engine no start No engine means no power to the engine ECM or a faulty ECM. Check all fuses and also for an inline fuse between the battery box and ECM. Confirm power and ground to the engine ECM. Let me know

OK I pulled the plug off the ecm and checked and some of the pins have power going to them. I could not find a inline fuse between battery and engine if I pull the other connector off ecm should I have power coming out with key on
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

what is your engine model from the engine tag?

FMM25114 is the engine we put in it. It had a sap14128 in it to begin with. We changed ecm and wiring from the old engine to the new one
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

And is this when these codes immediately occurred or was this swap done much longer ago with no troubles?

It started when we changed the engine
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Check the fuses which should be at the drivers side fender and recheck all connections. If the harness and connector pins are good then you will need to have some reprogramming of your modules through the dealer software some of the parameters might be off in the software with the replacement engine. Let me know.

We checked all fuses and connectors all are good. Have power to ecm and power going to everything out of ecm still just spins over but won't start and still showing no engine on dash
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the update. Try reflashing the ECM software or trying a test ECM for a possible failed ECM which is what your symptoms are pointing to if the harness is good and you have power and ground to the ECM. Let me know

I am trying to check codes with the cruise control. What yellow light should I see flash
I was reading about checking codes that way but I can't get any lights to flash whatsoever
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the update.... The M2 is different.... Let me pull up the procedure... Bare with me

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

What engine is in your truck?

Cat c7
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the update. Turn the ignition key switch to the On position/ Engine OFF. Turn the cruise control ON/OFF switch to the OFF position. Move the SET/RESUME switch to either position. Hold that position until the yellow lamp begins to flash. The yellow lamp will flash in order to indicate a two digit flash code and the SET/RESUME switch may be released. The sequence of flashes represents the system diagnostic message. Count the first sequence of flashes in order to determine the first digit of the flash code. After a two second pause, the second sequence of flashes will identify the second digit of the flash code. Any additional flash codes will follow after a pause. These codes will be displayed in the same manner. Flash Code 55 indicates that No Detected Faults have occurred since the ignition key switch has been turned to the ON position. Let me know what you get for two digit flash codes. This will only work on active codes. A scan tool might be needed to access historical codes.

Where will the light be that flashes
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

The check engine light should flash.... does it come on and cycle with the key on? If not then you have lost power to the ECM or have a failed ECM

No it isn't coming on at all. With either ecm I have tried
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

You have lost power or ground to the ECM.... There will be constant power and switched power to the ECM

the switched power comes through the bulkhead?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

The ECM should have power on pins 52, 53, and 70 of the rear most ECM connector. This is the truck side harness connector. 70 is the key switch power wire. The grounds are on pins 65 and 67.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

52 and 53 are constant power. 70 should power up with the key on

We have that
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

All three? Test for good ground on 65 and 67

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
All fuses are good. And all seems good in plug on ecm
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

If the ECM is good and has power and ground then check the speed timing sensors for RPM signal. If the ECM does not get this speed signal the injectors will not fire. Also you need good ICP pressure while cranking or the engine will not start. Check the ICP pressure cranking at the ICP sensor port. You should see around 870 PSI

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Try cranking over with the ICP sensor disconnected putting the ECM into default settings.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Look for tach signal response while cranking as well. Let me know

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Was this engine running when before you bought it? Did you see it run?

It is military surplus engine with 0 miles on it
RPM. Guage not doing anything when cranking
Icp?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Check your ICP pressure and verify you have good ICP pressure and the sensor is good..... Also verify you have speed sensor signal.... Both will cause a crank/no start

had to walk away from the issue for a few days We got the truck running but now getting a code for Ambient air Temp to high
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the update. What are the complete code numbers you are getting?

When I do the cruise control I am getting a 33 code and 58 and on dasp panel it is showing ecu128. Pid259 fail 00. Abs136 sid023 fail05
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson