Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Cat Man. I am having the same problem that a previous person

Customer Question
Hi Cat Man. I...
Hi Cat Man. I am having the same problem that a previous person posted. The truck goes into limp mode then after pulling over and shutting down the engine and then restarting it will run fine for a while then it will do it again. We took it to a fuso servicer and they put on a new fuel rail and it didnt fix it. now they want to change all the fuel injectors, but they still are not sure that will fix the problem. they say if that doesnt fix it then maybe it is the fuel pump. They say that all these parts are non-refundable and this is the only way to fix it . just put parts on until it works. What? That sounds crazy. It is a 2007 FE Series Fuso.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/31/2015
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

What is the truck doing and what was repaired?

Did the dealer pull up any codes on the truck? Did they test the EGR? Did they test the output on the pump to determine that you need a pump? What did they do to determine these needed items?

Throwing parts at the truck is not the answer. The dealer knows better than this for they have protocols to follow. Did they give a list of what they did to determine the next action? If you didn't get that, tell them you want that. You want them to be clear on what it is because you are not a bank and you want the issue repaired, not parts thrown at it to determine the issue. They have the connectors, the laptops, the testing tools to determine the issue without the need to throw any parts at it. The parts should be to repair it only...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician