Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

Ive got a temp light on engine serial number 34818946. once

Customer Question

Ive got a temp light on engine serial number 34818946. once the truck reaches around 170 on the guage the temp light and buzzer comes on. truck has been sitting for quite some time. I check the temp at the lower hose its 146 and the upper hose is 154. oil temp is reading 100-120. I replaced the temp sensor on the front of the thermostat housing.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I know on some models if the engine coolant temp isn't getting warm enough in a set amount of time the engine computer has stored this can cause a temp light or message issue and is usually caused by a stuck open or weak thermostat.If this has not been checked or replaced I would see if replacing the thermostat corrects this fault here.If this was already checked or done let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.