Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

On my C-15 it has 475 hp. What would it take to get 600+hp

Customer Question
out of my engine?...
On my C-15 it has 475 hp. What would it take to get 600+hp out of my engine?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/23/2015
Technician: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 2 years ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

Can you get me your engine serial number please?

S/N: SBXS27335

Thanks for the information. Sorry for the delay.

Your engine can be uprated to a 550 HP with no iron changes. You would only need to have the engine ECM reflashed to a 550 File. 550 is the highest it can go. The Flash process only takes a dealer 1 hour to complete.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

I'm going to have to have a overhaul done on the engine. Is there anything I can change that will help me get to 600+hp.

Yes you can.

Since you are overhauling the engine. The BXS can go to 600 hp. The 600 hp takes different piston cam and turbos. Since you are rebuilding it. You can order the Cat kit that has the parts for a 600 and then have the ECM reflashed.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.

Cat Man
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert