Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Ive got a 2014 kenworth dump truck. All I have is a paper

Customer Question
copy of the code its...
Ive got a 2014 kenworth dump truck. All I have is a paper copy of the code its throwing at the moment so I don't have the vin or esn. parts that have been recently replaced are the dpf filter, def dosing valve, and dpf temperature sensor module. The only
code the truck has now is 3574. which describes aftertreatment 1 DEF pressure data valid but below normal operating range which eventually put the truck in derate. The DEF dosing valve is two days old, would I be looking more to replace the DEF pump? Or is
their something else that regulates the DEF pressure?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/22/2015
Technician: Derek Neustaeter,
 replied 2 years ago
Derek Neustaeter

Hello there! I am a qualified Heavy Equipment Technician here at Just Answer, I will help you diagnose and repair the problem you are having with your 2014 Kenworth.

I have worked on many DEF emissions systems, mostly on freight liner equipment. If Kenworth uses the same type of system as Freightliner, there should be both a DEF quantity pump, as well as an air pressure valve from your air tank to pressurize the DEF. Check your system to see if there is air pressure being applied to the system. If there is, check to be sure it is receiving the correct pressure (usually around 30-50psi).

Let me know your findings and we can go from there!
Derek

My particular setup only has two DEF lines running to and from it and two coolant lines.
Technician: Derek Neustaeter,
 replied 2 years ago

Have you run a stationary regen since you replace the parts you mentioned? On some emissions systems a burn must be completed before the codes are cleared the the control module.

we have ran several regens since all the parts have been replaced. I have an ESN now too if it helps. 79641404
Technician: Derek Neustaeter,
 replied 2 years ago

Using your ESN, i will look up more information regarding the dosing valve and the electrical schematic. I will keep you updated.

Technician: Derek Neustaeter,
 replied 2 years ago

In order to find the information, I will need the VIN number of the truck, the model of the truck, and the make model of the engine. Please supply these when you have a moment.

Thanks

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson