Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

I have an 2007 International 4300 with 7.6 l dt466 engine

Customer Question

Hello I have an 2007 International 4300 with 7.6 l dt466 engine and Allison trans. I have rebuilt the engine complete and engine is good, I had to remove the engine from the truck to work on the cam bearings.
of course transmission was separated from engine (had no issues) but when we installed engine to transmission (the tranny is shifting but not moving the truck and light in dash say range inhibited I have no way to scan the tranny) light only comes on when shifting.
could we have connected something wrong.
can you help and thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Geoff replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'd like to help you. Which Allison trans do you have? Also, does your trans have the push button shift selector?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Geoff no my truck has a full shift or PR NDL123 but it has an economy push button on the shifter
Expert:  Geoff replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately without a push button shift selector or a scanner its not possible to know what fault is causing your shift inhibit light.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does this truck have a shift inhibitor switch on it like most vehicles
Expert:  Geoff replied 2 years ago.

I believe there is no switch for shift inhibit on that truck. This indicator usually indicates a range cannot be selected because of an active fault. If you are able to come across a code reader and pull the codes, I can provide you with all of the troubleshooting info from Allison as well as some additional tips.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAS A SCANNER BUT HE IS TOO BUSY FOR NOW LET ME SEE IF HE CAN GET ME THE CODE ON AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

THANK YOU

Expert:  Geoff replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome. If there's anything else I can assist you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not able to get an answer from your expert and I can already see that my credit card was fully charged However my problem has not been resolved as of yet I thought the charges do not apply until I am fully satisfied
Expert:  Geoff replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry that you have been charged. I can't tell you where exactly your money went, but it didn't go to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just purchased a scanner today from eBay matter a few days until I get it I will scan the truck and send the information maybe we can get to the bottom of this problem thank you again Geoff
Expert:  Geoff replied 2 years ago.

Ok. I'll be here when you're ready.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi again Geoff finally got a scanner and able to give some codes

1st one don't think it has anything to do with truck not shifting however I would like to solve all problems on it

1- 128 034 4 SID EXHAUST BACK PRESSURE

2- 128 110 4 PID COOLANT TEMPRATURE VOLTAGE

3- 128 247 S SID BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH ISSUE I THINK THIS CODE IS CAUSING THE TRUCK NOT TO MOVE

WAIT ON YOUR HELP

THANK YOU

Expert:  Geoff replied 1 year ago.

You are correct that a fault in the brake switch circuit could cause a failure to shift. However, I do not have access to the wiring diagrams for your truck, only the Allison resources. Unfortunately, I will not be able to assist you further so I will repost your question for another expert.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully some else does
Thanks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there . My name is Andy ! Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ? Which diagrams are you looking for specifically ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Andy

Hope your were able to read the entire conversation with Geoff

here is the last 8 vin digits on my truck

7H435660

HOPE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM WITH YOUR HELP

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Ok . will give it a whirl . I will look up vin and try and locate the right diagrams . Can you send a pic of the tranny TCU connectors and attach on here please if possible? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tranny TCU connectors is this the connector to transmission directly please let me know so I can send you the right pictures

thanks

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Not the one going to the tranny housing . The ones on the tranny module TCU mounted likely above the tranny.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok let me look

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok let me look is there any way I can text you the pictures

her are all the codes on this truck###-##-####31 spn trans #1 source address 3 condition

###-##-####5 spn brakes sys controller current below normal or open

###-##-####5 spn brakes sys cont current below normal

###-##-####14 spn body cont diagnostic code #2 special instruction

###-##-####body cont sys diag code #3 special instructions

###-##-####body controller sys diagnostic code #2 special instruction