Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

1999 dt530 rebuild motor cranked and idled good. Ran good on

Customer Question

1999 dt530 rebuild motor cranked and idled good. Ran good on test drive. A couple of days later took it down the road and it ran weak. When I came to a stop it died. It started back up ran strong then I let off the gas and it started to die so I mash the
gas and it seemed like it was starving for fuel in a few seconds it cleared up after staying in the gas. When it does clear up it may run strong or weak.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** Last 8 digit s of the vin number please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YH273540 its actually a 2000
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

Have you checked the flash codes using the diagnostics button

Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

And also please check the fuses sitting above the batteries.

Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

If loose they will cause all kinds of symptoms

Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

Hi there ! Do you still need help ? I am here if you need me sir . If needed , we can use Skype audio and work at this together at a more personal level if needed . I prefer this and I am sure this would be more advantageous for you sir in the situation you are in . You would just need to accept the additional offer and I would send you my skype contact .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It actually just quit some how
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's running good
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

Ok . Any engibe light staying on