Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a 2005 ford f750 with abs problem have a code pump

Customer Question
I have a 2005 ford...
I have a 2005 ford f750 with abs problem have a code for hydraulic pump motor sid 54 fmi 7,back up motor works fine,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/21/2015
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Do you have the Meritor software for this system by chance?

When you say the motor works, it works properly? As in key off, press pedal and get activation? Key on, engine off, pump runs constant? Engine running, pump doesn't engage at all?

If these are all good, next is to check the wiring to the ABS from the motor. The fmi 7 means the motor is not working or pumping properly. Check the pressure off the motor and verify that there is actual pumping and not just noise off the pump. If it is working, then there could be an issue with the module itself. It will be hard to determine unless you have the Meritor software to diagnose it further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

to see if pump is working ,I remove the return line off the hydro boost and hit brake,no fluid come out.so is the pump bad ?

Yes. If you have no fluid, the pump isn't pumping the fluid like it is supposed to. That pump is to work in place when the truck is off to pressurize the fluid. If you have no pressure, then the pump in the end of the motor is shit and that tells me the motor is spinning, but the shaft is burnt out of the pump. It is just free spinning in that pump.

Do you still need assistance with this?

Did you need anymore assistance with this? I'm following up since the question is still showing as open/unresolved. Thanks.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician