Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

2007 freightliner low voltage to throttle sensor

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/19/2015
Technician: roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks replied 2 years ago
roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

what is the code that was set??

what is the voltage to the sensor??

what have you done so far???

Roy

when the truck first come in the engine light would come on and the throttle would quit working. The engine light would go off and the throttle would work. the temp gauge was not working so we replaced the temp. sensor. Now the temp. gauge is working but the engine light stays on and the throttle does not respond. We changed the throttle sensor. We put a different computer on it but same problem. we checked and could not find any broken wires

ok, thanks, ***** ***** the code??? did you do a continuity check on the sensor wire to the ecm??

Roy

the code is PID 091....Fail 04. No i really dont know how to do that

ok, thanks.. you most likely have a harness issue. I have attached a flow chart for the code for you to follow.

Roy

SPN 91/FMI 4

Circuit Failed Low

Check as follows:

Show/Hide Checkboxes

1. Disconnect the Accelerator Pedal (AP).
  2. Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
  3. Measure the voltage between pins B and C of the AP harness connector.
    1. If the voltage is between 4.5 and 5.5 volts, Go to step 5.
    2. If the voltage is less than 4.5 volts,Go to step 4.
  4. Measure the voltage between pin C of the AP harness connector and ground.
    1. If the voltage is between 4.5 and 5.5 volts, repair the open circuit between pin B of the AP harness connector and pin 4 of the Common Powertrain Controller (CPC) #1 connector. Refer to section "Verify Repairs" .
    2. If the voltage is less than 4.5, repair the open circuit between pin C of the AP harness connector and pin 8 of the CPC #1 connector.Refer to section "Verify Repairs" .
  5. Turn the ignition OFF.
  6. Disconnect the CPC #1 connector.
  7. Measure the resistance between pin B and pin C of the AP connector.
    1. If the resistance is less than 5 ohms, repair the short between wires 8 and 4 of the CPC #1 connector. Refer to section "Verify Repairs" .
    2. If the resistance is greater than 5 ohms, Go to step 8.
  8. Measure the resistance between pin A and B of the AP connector.
    1. If the resistance is less than 5 ohms, repair the short between wires 7 and 4 of the CPC #1 connector. Refer to section "Verify Repairs" .
    2. If the resistance is greater than 5 ohms, Go to step 9.
  9. Measure the resistance between pin C of the AP connector and ground.
    1. If the resistance is less than 5 ohms, repair the short circuit between pin C of the AP connector and ground. Refer to section "Verify Repairs" .
    2. If the resistance is greater than 5 ohms, Go to step 10.
  10. Measure the resistance between pin A of the AP connector and ground.
    1. If the resistance is less than 5 ohms, repair the short circuit between pin A of the AP connector and ground. Refer to section "Verify Repairs" .
    2. If the resistance is greater than 5 ohms, replace the Accelerator Pedal. Refer to section "Verify Repairs" .

how are you making out???

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

how are you making out???

roybelding
roybelding