Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have a BXS C-15 acert. I bought the truck used and didn't

Customer Question

hello i have a BXS C-15 acert. I bought the truck used and didn't have any problems with the truck for a month or so. and then the engine started running rough. I have checked the manifold temp. when the engine is cold and found that the #1 cylinder in cold. what kind of problems do you think I'm having? and the engine does have blow by.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

You most likely have a faulty injector. If the temp is low and there is a miss, most often I find the injector is faulty. To confirm you would just need to have a cylinder cutout test ran.

There is a chance there's a cylinder problem like a valve not sealing or cylinder wear but most often this is not the case.

I would have a cutout test ran to verify.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.