Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

06 volvo with isx engine loose turbo pressure and code

Customer Question

06 volvo with isx engine loose turbo pressure and code mid128 pid131 fmi4 comes on display. pid 131 is exchaust pressure sensor for change? or maybe wires to sensor bad?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** i will assist you.

When you state the EGR is plugged and disconnected, was the software updated to prevent the codes you are getting? Usually there is a software update when the EGR is deleted to keep from getting the exhaust pressure codes from the EGR being removed. If you haven;t had the updates done, I would get to a shop like PDI Diesel or someone similar and have the ECM calibrated or those codes will keep coming back since they are false codes due to the EGR being removed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This code come today, the Egr is unplug 2 years ago.and turbo working fine per 2 years make 30-35 psi . I install plate between Egr and Egr cooler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now my turbo mąkę sometimes No boost
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Make
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe air boost valve going bad?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha. You have an electronic actuator on the turbo and most likely it has gone out. To replace it, you will need the Cummins Insite program to install it and calibrate it. It is easy to do, if you have the laptop to do it. Only takes about 3 hours to do the whole job and most of the time even less than that.

When the actuator goes out, the turbo will low boost or no boost, then give the high pressure code. It is common on these engines once you reach 350k miles on them. The actuators tend to go out after that mileage.

If the actuator is what you are referring to the air boost valve, the valve that moves to give you the boost and take it away, yes, I am leaning hard to that since you had the EGR delete for several years.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you sugest me to change maybe exchaust pressure sensor and if is still same change actuator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I buy allready sensor but aculator is 900$
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope is only sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can change this aculator myself? Becouse is only two screws and two houses and one pług ?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

You can change the actuator yourself if you have the Cummins Insite program to do the install program and the calibrate program. Otherwise, you will need a shop to do at least that part for you or the atuator will not work.

Yes, change the sensor and see what it does. If it still fails, then look at the actuator. You might only need to get is re-calibrated which is only a laptop hook up. I would do the recalibrate before the actual change to verify that the issue isn't due to that.

Watch THIS to help you out on how to check it before replacing it.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

How did this turn out for you? Do you still need assistance?