Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

I have an 04 Sterling Acterra with a C7 Cat and an Allison

Customer Question

I have an 04 Sterling Acterra with a C7 Cat and an Allison MD3060 transmission. It came to me with complaint of no back up lights or alarm. The alarm was corroded and looked bad. Tried to run it from 12 volt battery and it would not work. Put new alarm
on and wired all in but still would not work. I followed wiring harness from back to firewall, unplugged harness where it comes across firewall and put power to the correct pin and the lights and alarm both worked. There is no relays or fuses in either fuse
box marked backup or reverse lights. Transmission shifts perfect. What could it be?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! My name is Andy ! If a wiring diagram would help , then can we start with the full vin number please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a wiring diagram would help. The VIN is 2FZACGDC95AN63782.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Ok will get back to you after work and send it to you .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7vnu7383q5ihvb/backup%20light.png?dl=0

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

This is the backup lamp circuit on your truck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were at that point last week already when we asked the question. We need info for wiring between ECU and relays and where the relays are located.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't be able to tell you but ususally , allison has a relay circuit board mounted in a box somewhere near the tranmission but could be mounted in the cab .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your time but we got things figured out with the help of the local Sterling dealership.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks for the update .