Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have a 2008 isb 240 that keeps setting stop engine light

Customer Question
for high crankcase pressure we put...
have a 2008 isb 240 that keeps setting stop engine light for high crankcase pressure
we put it on a dyno at a dealer ad were told particulate filter pluged so we removed the filter for testing same light as well the dyno test showed engine in good shape even with 500k on it
took it to an independant who had worked on the truck alot and he saidit has high crank case pressure although he had said the same thing as cummins just 2 trips to him ago he changed the crankcase filter about 10 k ago said pressure was fine
i see alot of concern about plugged drains etc on this system and a referal to emc calibration i cannot find procefure 019-032 in section 19
also can not find the trouble tree for crankcase gasses blowby excessive i have
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
10/1/2015
Technician: Geoff, Technician replied 2 years ago
Geoff
Geoff, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'd like to help. First, I'd like to get some clarification on your issue. You mentioned that you were getting a code for high crankcase pressure. Do you mean, Crankcase Pressure - Data Valid, but Above Normal Operating Range? I just want to be sure I'm helping with the correct problem. If you could provide the fault code number, that would be even better. I'm a bit uncertain as to why someone would tell you that a clogged DPF would trigger this code. A clogged DPF would set code, Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter

Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure Sensor - Data Valid but Above Normal Operating Range. When you have high crankcase pressure, the first step is to inspect the crankcase filter and draft tubes. This is the most common cause for this code.

If you can confirm exactly which code was active, I can provide with the trouble tree if that's what you would like.

On my telemetry i am seeing mid128 crankcase pressure (pid101) is data valid but above normal operational range ( fmi1)

Ok. Just wanted to make sure your code didn't indicate a failed sensor. You mentioned wanting the trouble tree for this code. Would you still like me to upload it?

WE ARE FNDING THE DRAFT TUBES SEEM TO HAVE A CHECK VALVE AND SOME RESTRICTIONS TO THEM IS THE RESTRICTION BELOW THE Y IN THE PAN OR ABOVE

Here is the fault code overview.

This is the trouble tree

This illustration indicates how the check valve is tested with no more than 5 psi air.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

now I need the procedure and the values for the blowby test please

Sorry, I didn't see that you had posted a message. Do you still need

this information?

on the trouble tree in 4a I belive it says to check the blowby and refers to service manual ISB CM 2150 service manual , bulletin(###) ###-####and procedure 014-010 in section 14
this appears to be the information I need

Blowby Measurement Steps

If I have adequately addressed your issue, please remember to leave feedback.

Geoff
Geoff
Geoff, Technician