Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My name is eddie a have sdp c15 cat with the code3719-16 we…

hi my name is *****...
hi my name is ***** ***** have sdp c15 cat with the code3719-16 we took the filter off and my customer took it and had cleaned install and ran for about 1 hour and had check engine light come on lost engine speed i hook it up and it is giving me code 3719-16
9/28/2015
Technician: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 7 years ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert

Hi Eddie. Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

Is this the only code?

Has the engine completed a regen after installing the DPF filter?

Don't know if it did it on its own or do we have to do it mauelymanually

Thanks for the information.

The engine will need to complete a regen in order to get rid of that code. Even though the DPF was removed and cleaned. The ECM still will not clear the code until a regen has completed.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

i am going to reg and i get back to you

Ok sounds good. The code will go away once a regen successfully completes.

If it does not complete a regen. There's most likely a problem in the system. Most likely a faulty ARD head or clogged fuel line filter fittings.

Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
the code went away customer will drive it tomorrow and let me know how it performed thank you for your help .keep you up dated tomorrow

You are very welcome my friend. I am happy I could help.

mr cat man on the same c15 we regen and code went away in the morning truck left ran for about 45 minutes and check engine back on and lost engine speed again.

Did it set the same code?

It giving me a status flag 1. No engine speep

That's normal to see when the key is on but engine not running. Should not see that if the engine runs.

hello mr cat man is eddie again the c15 gave me that flag 1 no engine speed with the key on and engine off but customer is telling me that running down the road check engine starts flushing and won,t pick up more then 65 miles shut the truck off restart and run for a while fine till check engine light comes on .hook ecm up and doesn't give and codes

Thanks for the information. If the check engine light came on there should be a code in the ECM. There are several code screens in ET. Plus you must be reading in dual data link in order to see all the codes.

how do i get in the other code screen this et side of mechnician is new to me and its kind oof hard to show this old dog this new tricks

You must have a Cat Comm adapter communicating with both J1939 and 1508. It's the only way to see all codes

ok thank you