Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Well Clayton, let's see I wash the truck and now the cc

Customer Question
well Clayton, let's see I wash...
well Clayton, let's see
I wash the truck and now the cc doesn't work, only on idle
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/27/2015
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any wet connections or wiring in the engine bay or under the vehicle that may be causing this issue here.In allot of cases one or more electrical connections can become wet and cause an issue like this here needing dried out or if corroded due to the water it may need replaced.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Hi Pete, since this thing happened again I figured that it must be a wet connection somewhere. I pulled out from the truck wash and I hit the road. the CC will turn on and stay on for 10 seconds or so and then disconnects like u touch the brake pedal or clutch. After few minutes hit resume on the CC and it will engage again for 10-15 second and then disconnect. It did that last night for an hour or so. It did that again a while back when it was raining heavy. I need to fix this permanently. Now, I can't just start unplugging stuff under the hood just because it might be related. I need to now connections related to cruise control, maybe a second speed control sensor, engine load sensor or anything related with that. Btw I looked at the ECM connection and looks just fine. I now what's going on under the hood but I don't have the library to back me up. Thank you

Unfortunately with my info being limited on this model here I will have to open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Thank you Pete

Your welcome.

Technician: dieseldoctorkev, Other replied 2 years ago
dieseldoctorkev

Hi all I'm kevin , I have a few question , and maybe I can help resolve this issue 1st does the hi idle still work can you bump up idle with the same cc switch also it could be the clutch or break switch , also trolly valve / trailer brake handle if equip ,, Is it down slightly , also could have a problem with vehicle speed sensor on tail shaft of trans , hope this helps out let me know , thanks

On idle it works. Speed sensor on the tail checked. Dry. None of the above. Must be something in the engine bay area. It happened three times so far 1. Washed the truck last winter and it took me half Nebraska to get it running. 2. It was pouring and CC didn't work for like an hour. 3. Just the other day, I washed my truck, I told them not to wash the engine bay area, but the CC went bad anyway for an hour or so. On idle it works fine.

Check the chassis ground for can for corrosion if so make the adjustment and let me know , also remove and clean and dry ecm connections and make sure all the rubber seals are in place , please let me know how it goes , thank you

dieseldoctorkev
dieseldoctorkev
dieseldoctorkev, Other