go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.
35815791

2001 Freightliner Fl112, low mileage of 165,000 with Eaton

Customer Question

2001 Freightliner Fl112, low mileage of 165,000 with Eaton Autoshift trans, while starting to go up a short hill,at 60 mph, the truck tried to downshift, but then something went amiss, it couldn't seem to find a gear, it went from 10th all the way down to 2nd before it engaged, allowing the truck to coast to almost a complete stop before finding a gear, once it did, its worked perfectly for remainder of 250 mile trip. My immediate concern would be it doing this on a downhill. Was this just a hiccup are the start of serious problem? Mick
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 1 year ago.

I would run it. if

The probem reoccurs more often then it could be a clutch problem or xy shifter issue . Let me know if you have any more questions