Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2007 Freightliner Columbia that the right signal

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Freightliner Columbia that the right signal stays on when if the truck is running or not.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

If you turn the left turn signal on, does the right continue to keep flashing? A lot of times the turn signal switch will go bad and cause this to happen, so I would look there first.

Second spot to check would be the relay/flasher to make sure it isn't malfunctioning and causing this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The right blinker stays on no matter what without a flash, even on the dash. I have to use the battery disconnect to avoid a complete drain.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the turn signa; switch, does it continue to flash? This will help identify if the issue is due to a back-feed or short to power in that circuit.

Provide full 13 digit VIN and when I return from my road call, I will pull up the doagram for that circuit for you.

Thanks.