Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

01 freightliner code front axle steering sid8 fmi5

01 freightliner code for right...
01 freightliner code for right front axle steering sid8 fmi5
9/18/2015
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

What is the 3 digit code prior to that? If it is for the steering, then the sensor is shorted or the sensor can;t read the tone ring. Remove the wheel, push the sensor in, and then mount the wheel, drive up to 20 mph and the ABS will self test to clear the code.

If it remains, then test the sensor with a volt reading to see if the wheel spinning reads the sensor. If not, replace the sensor. If so, then chase the harness looking for breaks, rubs, etc up the the module. usually the sensor is bad or the sensor needs to be pushed in to read the tone wheel.

Be sure to check the bearing as well for if there is wobble due to bad bearing or loose bearing, it will cause that code as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

snap heavy duty computer doesn't shop any three digit code put new speed sensor

There is usually a 3 digit code prior for 128 is engine, 136 for brakes, 144 for cab, etc. It is the PID code.

Since you used the Solaris, it will give pretty accurate info so I will go with the brake info I provided.

found the abs computer and it has a code flash switch it flashed the abs light 2-1 found info on line said right front abs modulator code

Wabco setup. That valve has a diaphragm in it that gets moister and will throw the code. See if you can get the diaphragm replaced instead of the full valve. They are expensive. Most know how to change it out. It is 4 screws and the diaphragm will get water in it from the air system, then it bypasses around it and throws the modulator code. I see this a lot here in South Florida where it is constantly humid out.

That also tells me the Snap On through the wrong code out... At least the info is confirmed with the ABS. Most don't have the switches on the 01 Freightliners. Century class is probably one of the only ones that do.

found broken wire in modulator cable going to computer

Odd. something must have gotten up in there from the road or something.

At least it was found which is good.

Take caution when splicing. Use a connector that you can seal with heat to keep the connection good and tight. Those signals between the module and the modulator can be very picky with the slightest ohm changed.

Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician